The Rahn Kulturfonds was founded to promote and award outstanding students of swiss music conservatoires and academies.
The Rahn Kulturfonds launches a new competition with MY PROJECT to encourage its prize winners to further their career despite Corona-related restrictions.
The prize winners will independently develop a concept and submit it for evaluation. The Rahn Kulturfonds examines all submitted projects and supports selected ideas with a grant.
Who can participate?
Price winner of the following Rahn Musikpreis:
- Rahn Musikpreis 2016 for piano
- Rahn Musikpreis 2018 for strings
- Rahn Musikpreis 2020 for piano
Terms and conditions of participation
- The project must be feasible.
- The project must be implemented within one year after project submission.
- At least one price winner of the Rahn Musikpreis 2016, 2018 or 2020 must be involved in the project.
- Several Rahn Kulturfonds prize winners (Rahn Musikpreis 2016, 2018 and 2020) may also submit a project together.
- The Rahn Kulturfonds must be mentioned in the external communication of the project.
- The Rahn Kulturfonds is not responsible for the execution of the project.
- A maximum of two project ideas per call for entries will be supported.
- These two project ideas will be awarded with CHF 10’000 each.
How is the procedure?
- Independent project development.
- Submission of the project.
- Examination of the project by the administration office of the Rahn Kulturfonds.
- A maximum of 2 projects per call for entries will be awarded by the board of the Rahn Kulturfonds.
- In addition to the prize money, the award-winning projects will receive a grant for the implementation of the project. The amount of the contribution is determined individually.
How I can apply?
The following documents have to be submitted by e-mail at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Concept including execution and time schedule
- Budget and financing
Projects can be submitted on the following dates:
- First submission by November 15, 2020 latest
- Further tentative dates are February 28, 2021 and May 31, 2021
Participants will be informed within three weeks after the closing date whether their project will be funded.