Der Rahn Kulturfonds wurde gegründet, um herausragende Studierende an Schweizer Musikhochschulen auszuzeichnen und zu fördern.
Rahn Musikpreis 2020 for piano
In 1976 the competition Rahn Musikpreis was initiated in order to promote students of Swiss music academies and conservatories. The competition takes place every two years, alternating between string instruments and piano, and is organised by Rahn Kulturfonds.
The competition 2020 for piano will take place at ZKO-Haus in Zurich from Tuesday, January 14 until Friday, January 17, 2020.
The money award is distributed as follows:
1st prize: CHF 12’000.-
2nd prize: CHF 8’000.-
3rd prize: CHF 4’000.-
The Jury may also award two first prizes and one third prize, or one first prize and two second prizes, or only one second prize etc.
The prize winners receive a certificate.
The prize also includes the following:
- Prize winner’s concert: the winners of a first prize and occasionally other prize winners will appear as soloist, accompanied by the Basel Chamber Orchestra on Monday, March 30, 2020 at Tonhalle Maag Zurich. The concert will be conducted by Andrew Joon Choi.
- Rahn Kulturfonds will provide a professional sound and video live record of the concert to all winners via Streaming Link.
- Rahn Kulturfonds will arrange further concert performances for the prize winners which offers the winners further chances for a stage performance.
- The prize winners have the opportunity to attend a workshop with the topic “How does the audience see me on stage?” organised by Rahn Kulturfonds.
The competition will take place at ZKO-Haus in Zurich in two rounds and is public.
- First round: 14. – 16. January 2020
- Second round (final round): 17. January 2020
The names of the candidates who are admitted to the second round will be published in the evening of January 16, 2020 around 8.00 pm on www.rahnkulturfonds.ch. The names of the prize winners will be announced immediately after the Jury’s decision on January 17, 2020 at ZKO-Haus. The Jury’s decisions cannot be appealed against.
JURY RAHN MUSIKPREIS 2020
Applications and application fee have to be submitted/payed before October 31, 2019.