The Rahn Kulturfonds was founded to promote and award outstanding students of swiss music conservatoires and academies.
Since 2011, a jury of experts has been deciding annually on the awarding of scholarships. These range from 4’000-7’000 Swiss Francs, depending on the performance.
NEXT AUDITION: MONDAY, 27 NOVEMBER 2023
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully!
Candidates are admitted who…
- were born after 1 September 1996;
- have been enrolled for a minimum of two semesters at a Swiss music academy according to the list of the Conference of Swiss Universities of Music CSUM;
- are invited to the audition on the basis of the video-preselection by the jury;
- have submitted a complete application in time and meet all requirements.
- A COMPLETE WORK FROM THE CLASSICAL PERIOD AND AN ADDITIONAL COMPLETE WORK FROM THE BAROQUE OR ROMANTIC PERIOD MUST BE PREPARED. If there is no corresponding literature for your instrument, please contact us via email@example.com.
- A maximum of two participations is possible. An elimination at the video pre-selection is considered a participation.
- The audition time is 10 minutes.
- The jury decides what is to be performed. Due to time constraints, only excerpts can be presented.
- You have to bring you own accompanist.
- A grand piano and music stands are available in the concert hall.
- The candidates will be informed of the jury’s decision within one week after the audition. No information will be given regarding the jury’s decisions. They are final and cannot be appealed.
The audition takes place at the grand hall at Musikschule Konservatorium Zurich and is not open to the public.
APPLICATION STEP 1: UNTIL 23 SEPTEMBER 2023
Please note the two registration steps and adhere to the respective deadlines! Incomplete or late registrations will not be considered.
APPLICATION STEP 2: UNTIL 29 SEPTEMBER 2023
After submitting the registration form, you will receive an upload link within three working days to upload the documents listed below until 29 September 2023 at the latest:
- Budget Form >
- Cover letter stating the reasons for your application
- Short CV / Musical education
- Valid confirmation of enrolment for the winter semester 2023/24 incl. confirmation of enrolment at a Swiss music academy for at least 2 semesters
- Letter of recommendation from a professor
- Correctly labelled scores in PDF-file of the works prepared for the audition according to the terms of the application
- Individual repertoire list of these works (Word-file)
- Video-link: Word-file containing a video-link of a recording of a work or movement of your choice from the 18th or 19th century, with or without accompaniment. Duration: max. 10 minutes. The recording has to be made in one take and must not be edited.
YOU WILL BE INFORMED ABOUT YOUR ADMISSION TO THE AUDITION BY 27 OCTOBER 2023 AT THE LATEST, AFTER YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN CHECKED AND AFTER THE VIDEO-PRESELECTION BY THE JURY.