The Rahn Kulturfonds was founded to promote and award outstanding students of swiss music conservatoires and academies.
Terms and conditions
Candidates are admitted who…
- were born after 1 September 1995
- are enrolled at a Swiss music academy
- have completed at least two semesters at a Swiss music academy
- are invited to the audition on the basis of the video pre-selection by the jury
- A maximum of two participations in a Rahn Kulturfonds scholarship audition is possible. An elimination at the video pre-selection is considered a participation.
- Three works from different stylistic periods must be prepared, whereby one work must be chosen from the classical period. The jury decides which works will be performed and, due to time constraints, reserves the right to ask for excerpts of the prepared works only.
- The audition time is 10 minutes per candidate.
- You have to bring you own accompanist!
- A grand piano and music stands are available in the concert hall.
- The audition is not open to the public.
- Only candidates who have submitted a complete application in time and meet all requirements will be admitted to the audition.
- The candidates will be informed of the jury’s decision within one week after the audition. No information will be given regarding the jury’s decisions. These are final and cannot be appealed.
The audition takes place at Musikschule Konservatorium Zürich, Florhofgasse 6, 8001 Zürich.
Next audition: 21 November 2022
Application deadline: 27 September 2022, 12:00 hrs
The registration is a two-step process and has to be completed in full by 27 September 2022 at 12:00 hrs.
- Step 1: Fill in the registration form.
- Step 2: After submitting the registration form you will receive an upload link by e-mail within two working days to upload the documents listed below. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered. No upload links will be sent during the summerbreak from 15 July – 19 August.
Registration form (Step 1)
Documents to be submitted for registration (Step 2):
- Budget Form >
- Cover letter stating the reasons for your application
- Short CV / Musical education
- Valid confirmation of enrolment at a Swiss music academy (autumn semester 2022/23)
- Letter of recommendation from a professor at a Swiss music academy
- Correctly labelled scores in PDF format of the three works prepared for the audition according to the terms of the application
- Repertoire list of these three works (Word format)
- Videolink: Word document containing a videolink of a recording of a work or movement of your choice from the 18th or 19th century, with or without accompaniment. Duration: max. 10 minutes. The recording has to be made in one take.