The Rahn Kulturfonds was founded to promote and award outstanding students of swiss music conservatoires and academies.
Terms and conditions
Candidates are admitted when…
- they were born after 1 September 1994
- they are enrolled at a Swiss music academy
- they have completed at least 2 semesters at a Swiss music academy
- they are invited to the audition on the basis of the video pre-selection by the jury
Please also note:
- A maximum of two participations in a Rahn Kulturfonds schloarship audition is possible. An elimination at the video pre-selection is considered a participation.
- Three works from different stylistic periods must be prepared, whereby one work must be chosen from the classical period. The jury decides which works will be performed and reserves the right to ask for only two of the three prepared works or excerpts thereof.
- The audition time is 10 minutes per candidate.
- Rahn Kulturfonds does not provide an accompanist.
- A grand piano and music stands are available in the lecture hall.
- The audition is not open to the public.
Only candidates who have submitted a complete application in time and meet the eligibility requirements will be admitted..
The candidates will be informed ofthe jury’s decision within two weeks after the audition. No information will be given regarding the jury’s decisions. These are final and cannot be appealed.
The next audition will take place on 15 November 2021 at Musikschule Konservatorium Zürich.
The registration is a two-step process and has to be completed in full by 24 September 2021 at the latest:
- Step 1: Fill in the registration form.
- Step 2: After submitting the registration form you will receive an upload link by e-mail within two working days to upload the documents listed below. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Documents to be submitted for registration (Step 2):
- Application form scholarship audition 2021>
- Budget form audition 2021 >
- Cover letter stating the reasons for your application
- Valid confirmation of enrollment at a Swiss music academy (autumn semester 2021/22)
- Letter of recommendation from a professor at a Swiss music academy
- Scores (in PDF format) of the three works you are going to prepare for the audition according to the terms of the application
- Repertoire list of these three works
- Video recording: A work or a movement of a work of your choice from the 18th or 19th century. Duration: about 5 minutes. It can be recorded with or without accompaniment.